Are you looking for a rewarding job within the neighborhood?
The ARP is hiring a Director General - deadline to apply: August 22, 2022.
Part-time (28 hours per week) $38,000 to $44,000 per year
145 rue de l'Atmosphere, Gatineau, QC J9A 3G3, Canada
The Association of the Residents of the Plateau (ARP) is a non-profit organization whose main mission is to preserve and improve the quality of the physical, social, cultural and sporting environment of the residents of the Plateau district in Hull. We are an organization designated as a major partner of the city of Gatineau. In recent years, we have diversified our service offering and our activities, which has led us to recruit more volunteers and paid staff. We are currently looking for a General Manager with experience in supervising staff and volunteers in the community setting, as well as experience in financial diversification (business plan, sponsorship, grant applications, etc.). This is a part-time, contract position.
Description of tasks
- Supervise ARP employees (welcome, training, support, evaluation)
- Take charge of the recruitment of new employees and make recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Recruit, welcome and ensure the integration of volunteers, as well as put in place means to recognize their contribution
- Manage individual performance, and establish codes of conduct for staff and volunteers
- Plan funding requests and carry out regular follow-ups with funders
- Improve our financial diversification by implementing a sponsorship plan
- Ensure representativeness of the ARP with local stakeholders (collective of associations, schools, Agora, etc.) and at consultation tables.
- Perform various administrative tasks according to the mandates entrusted by the Board of Directors
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of structuring projects (strategic planning, drafting of policies, etc.)
- Follow up on the action plan resulting from the agreement with the city of Gatineau
- Experience supervising staff
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and seek new sources of funding
- Excellent knowledge of the management of an NPO
- Very good knowledge in accounting, management, marketing
- Ability to work as a team to support the organization of activities by following a global orientation corresponding to the values of our organization
- English proficiency
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Trello tools
- Be independent and resourceful
- Communicate fluently, both orally and in writing
- Have interpersonal skills
- Hold a driver's license
- Salary: $38,000 to $44,000 per year
- Schedule: 28h / week on average - telework and flexible schedule (in line with the needs of the organization)
- Start date: September 2022
All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Priority will however be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. With equal skills, people of immigrant origin, from visible minorities, from First Nations, or living with a disability will be recruited in priority.
Please send your resume and cover letter by August 22, 2022 by completing the form on our website.