We signed a partnership agreement with the city of Gatineau in 2019. To follow up on the signing of this memorandum of understanding, the board of directors has set up several committees, including the Aid committee. Its mission is to promote citizen liaison and the feeling of socio-community well-being of residents. Its role is to:
- Design, implement and coordinate activities and programs to encourage citizen participation and aid between residents;
- Evaluate and determine the personal, social and community issues present on its territory and offer a response to them. Either directly through its own volunteers, or indirectly through partner organizations;
- Seek and conclude partnership agreements with community organizations or other NPOs, which can serve the residents of the Plateau so that they can benefit from services that do not exist in their neighborhood;
- Consolidate ties with NPOs already working in the neighborhood to ensure the maintenance, or even the improvement of the services already provided to the populations;
- Work with the services of the CISSS de l'Outaouais to carry out its mandate.
Programs and services will focus primarily on helping people in vulnerable situations. The committee is made up of at least one member of the ARP's board of directors and a group of citizens or representatives of organizations with an interest in the projects and/or the committee's mandate. Want to get involved? Click here!
We offer self-help activities in partnership with the City of Gatineau, other local organizations or businesses.